Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Let the truth be told

So, I have a confession to make. In my last blog entry I said I wasn't running Boston because I needed a break from running, wasn't enjoying training in the winter, etc.

While that is all true, there is a bigger truth to it all. The main reason I am not running Boston this year is because Barry and I found out we're expecting a baby in October. It came as a complete surprise to us! My body was about a week ahead of itself to have made this happen. But even so, it is quite the exciting news. Camille is thrilled to be expecting a new baby brother or sister.

I'm still running and do plan to run throughout the entire pregnancy. When I was pregnant with Camille, I was new to running and was really OK with NOT running. But this time around I am a more experienced runner and want to keep the motor running (so to speak) as long as I can.

I've completely cut down on the volume that I run already. I'm 11 weeks and currently try 30-60 minutes 4-5 times a week. Sometimes I can manage only 3-4 times because some days I succumb to fatigue. I figure that's just ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment